Wednesday, April 5

Review: Fling (Wrong #2.5)

Fling (Wrong #2.5)
Jana Aston

Published On: November 1, 2016
Date Read: January 25, 2017
Genre: NA - Contemporary Romance
Source: Bought
Format: E-Book
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/32502626-fling

From Goodreads:
I have a crush on my boss’ best friend.
At least it’s not my brother’s best friend.
Or my best friend’s brother.
Or… never mind. It’s all pretty cliche.

And worse? My boss’ best friend is his business partner. Which sort of makes him my boss too. Okay - it’s not sort of. It’s definite. Gabe Laurent is off limits. Totally off limits.

Which is fine. I make do with my imagination. He’ll never know. Ever. Unless my work bestie passes me an eighties-style teen movie sex quiz during a meeting and I fill it out.

And it ends up in Gabe’s hands…

"Jesus fuck, am I going to have to resort to getting girl advice from my gay assistant?"

I was so so excited to see that Fling was a novella with the story of Sandra and Gabe. I absolutely loved both of them when they popped up in the second book in the Wrong series, Right. Fling happens around the same time as the events in Right and they really cross over. I loved seeing all of the characters that I fell in love with in the previous books too.

Sandra has been crushing on Gabe for 2 years. Ever since she got a job at the company that he co-owns. He's not her boss but he's her boss' best friend and she just can't go there. When her best friend at work passes her a hilarious made up sex quiz in a meeting Sandra answers the questions... including who in this room would you most want to have sex with... she never imagined that it would be picked up and handed to the guy she named on that sex quiz. Now she is dying of embarassment... but at least it was anonymous!

I loved this novella. Ever since I was introduced to Sandra and Gabe in the second book of the series I so wanted them to get together and I couldn't wait to see how everything went down. One of my favourite parts of this novella was the fact that we got to see Everly and Sawyer again and we saw just how much Everly's meddling played a part in Gabe and Sandra's story. I loved that.

I loved Fling way more than the previous two novels in this series. I love the characters but even more than that I loved the fact that this is told from split points of view. All the way through reading both Wrong and Right I so wanted to read some of it from the guy's POV and to see that in this we got Sandra and Gabe's point of view I just loved it and it made the book just so much better in my opinion. I loved it so much.

My only complaint about Fling is that I really wish it was a full length novel rather than a novella. It really wasn't long enough. Gabe and Sandra are without a doubt my favourite characters in this series and as much as I loved getting to just see their story I wish that it had been much much longer.

Fling was perfect, and definitely my favourite book in the Wrong series so far. It was hilarious, cute and romantic. I loved every second of it and I cannot wait to read the next book in the series. I really hope Sandra and Gabe will pop up a few times so I can see my favourite characters.

"Women are complex creatures, Gabe. They think it means something when a man takes his sweet-ass time asking her on a date. They think it means you’re just interested in the sex. Obviously that’s not the case here, as based on the way you look at that girl it’s clear you’re already half in love with her."


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment