Wednesday, April 19

Review: Sacrifice (Elementals #5)

Sacrifice (Elementals #5)
Brigid Kemmerer

Published By: K-Teen
Publication Date: September 30, 2014
Date Read: January 30, 2017
Genre: YA - Paranormal Romance
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 324
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17149158-sacrifice

From Goodreads:
Earth. Fire. Air. Water.

One misstep and they lose it all. For the last time.

Michael Merrick understands pressure. He's the only parent his three brothers have had for years. His power to control Earth could kill someone if he miscalculates. Now an Elemental Guide has it in for his family, and he's all that stands in the way.

His girlfriend, Hannah, understands pressure too. She's got a child of her own, and a job as a firefighter that could put her life in danger at any moment.

But there are people who have had enough of Michael's defiance, his family's 'bad luck'. Before he knows it, Michael's enemies have turned into the Merricks' enemies, and they're armed for war.

They're not interested in surrender. But Michael isn't the white flag type anyway. Everything is set for the final showdown.

Four elements, one family. Will they hold together, or be torn apart?

The Elementals series has fast become one of my favourites. From the moment I started reading the second one I have just devoured the entire series, and now here I am writing my review for the final book in the series and feeling very bittersweet. I loved every single second of this series but I was definitely not ready to say goodbye to these amazing characters and this incredible story.

Right from reading the first novella in this series, Elemental, I couldn't wait to read Michael's full length novel. I fell in love with Michael right at the start of the series and this book just cemented that love all the more. All Michael has ever wanted was his family safe and his love for his brothers shines through this book so much. This book is much more about the family bonds than the romance like the other books and it made me love it so much more.

Sacrifice is without a doubt one of the most heart-tugging of the books. Things happen that really broke me and I just couldn't put the book down. I just needed to see if it was all going to be okay. Brigid really does bring all the emotion for this finale of the Elementals series.

I loved every second of this series and although this one made me sob like a baby it was phenomenal. It was the perfect ending to the series and although I wish she would write more, even just a novella to see what they're all up to, I absolutely loved the ending. It was perfect and it was optomistic and hopeful for the future of Elementals.

If you haven't started this series then what the heck are you waiting for? It's a definite must read. I am so glad I finally read this series. It is was up there with my favourite series, Covenant by JLA, as series I will happily re-read over and over again if I only had the time. It was perfect and Brigid has definitely gone on my auto-buy list. I can't wait to read more from her.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment