Wednesday, July 26

Review: The Fallen Kingdom (The Falconer #3)

The Fallen Kingdom (The Falconer #3)
Elizabeth May

Published By: Gollancz
Publication Date: June 15, 2017
Date Read: June 17, 2017
Genre: YA - Fantasy
Source: Bought
Format: E-Book
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20946405-the-fallen-kingdom
From Goodreads:
My name is Lady Aileana Kameron.

First the fae murdered my mother. Then they destroyed my world.

Then one of them killed me.

Now I'm fighting for more than revenge.

The long-awaited final book in the Falconer trilogy is an imaginative tour-de-force that will thrill fans of the series.
Aileana Kameron, resurrected by ancient fae magic, returns to the world she once knew with no memory of her past and with dangerous powers she struggles to control. Desperate to break the curse that pits two factions of the fae against, her only hope is hidden in an ancient book guarded by the legendary Morrigan, a faery of immense power and cruelty. To save the world and the people she loves, Aileana must learn to harness her dark new powers even as they are slowly destroying her.

Packed with immersive detail, action, romance, and fae lore, The Fallen Kingdom brings the Falconer's story to an epic and unforgettable conclusion.

"He loved you so much that when you died, he might as well have died with you."

The Falconer series has fast become one of my all time favourite series of all time. I read the first book when it first released and then within one month I re-read it and completed the rest of the series. I just adored every single second of it and The Fallen Kingdom was the perfect ending to such an amazing series.

The ending of The Vanishing Throne broke me. It was so unbelievably emotional and heartbreaking and I couldn't wait to get my hands on The Fallen Kingdom to see how it was going to end. In The Fallen Kingdom Aileana has to get her memory back as she doesn't know who she is or what sort of power she harnesses. The only chance to save the world from the fae is to travel into the dangerous territory of The Morrigan, the more brutal faery of all time. One thing is for certain not everyone will survive this last battle.

The Fallen Kingdom was utter perfection. I loved every single moment of it. It was utterly incredible. Right from the first page I just couldn't stop reading. Aileana is so unbelievably kick-ass in this book. Throughout the whole series we have really seen all the different sides of Aileana. From the girl who is fuelled by rage and seeking revenge, to the vulnerable Aileana after she has been abused by the fae to this incredibly powerful girl who will do everything in her power to defeat the fae. I loved seeing every side of her and to experience it all along with her.

One thing I love the most about this series is the mix between fantasy, steampunk and historical romance. YA Fantasy is my favourite genre of all time but I don't really read steampunk or historical fiction and this series just opened my eyes to how much I'm missing out by not reading them. The Falconer series really sucks you in and I enjoyed every second of it.

I am so unbelievably sad that this series is over. The Fallen Kingdom is the perfect ending to the series but it is definitely the most heartbreaking of the three. Not everyone survives and it's so hard reading the parts where someone dies. It may be me being totally naive, but I really wanted the whole team to survive. I seriously sobbed so hard reading this book. I haven't cried that much at a book in such a long time. It totally broke me.

Elizabeth May has firmly sealed herself as one of my favourite authors and I will definitely be reading anything else that she writes. It's hard to believe that this series was her debut because it is so cleverly and intricately planned and wrote perfectly. I seriously loved it so much and I am hoping and preying that she decides to write a spin-off series because I am so not ready to say goodbye to these characters and this truly phenomenal series.

The Fallen Kingdom was perfect. If you're looking for a book that is a mixture of many genres and that will take your breath away and steal your heart then look no further. This is the series for you. So what are you waiting for? Go read it!!

"One day, you’ll tell people the story of the faery king and the human girl. And how he watched from afar as she lived out twenty thousand human days. And if she listened closely during winter, when the wind was cold and the nights were longest, she could hear him whisper that he cherished her so much he was willing to give her the world."


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment