Tuesday, August 1

Wrap Up: July 2017


Hey Guys,
Can you believe July is over already? July was such a busy month for me so I didn't read quite as much as I'd wanted to. I headed to London twice this month, one to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child on stage which was absolutely incredible and then again for a 3 day book convention. It was utterly amazing.

Book Haul:

My book haul is absolutely enormous this month as not only did another Zoella book club round come out but I also gained so many books at the book convention. Due to this my book haul section is split into different sections this month:

Hardcopies - Zoella Books:


After the Fire by Will Hill
The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr
Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu
History is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera
Girlhood by Cat Clarke
The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord
Orbiting Jupiter by Gary B Schmidt
Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer

Hardcopies - YALC Haul

Bought


Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity #2) by VE Schwab
The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren Jame
Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody
Gilded Cage (Dark Gifts #1) by Vic James
Pantomime (Micah Gray #1) by Laura Lam
Song of the Current (Song of the Current #1) by Sarah Tolcser
Defy the Stars (Constellation #1) by Claudia Gray
When We Collided by Emery Lord
Mafiosa (Blood for Blood #2) by Catherine Doyle
Because You Love To Hate Me (Compilation)
Flame in the Mist (Flame in the Mist #1) by Renee Ahdieh
A Monster Calls Deluxe Edition by Patrick Ness

ARCs



The Fandom by Anna Day
Zenith by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsey Cummings
The Treatment by CL Taylor
I Am Traitor by Sif Sigmarsdottir

Books Read in July 2017:


A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic #1) by VE Schwab - 5 Stars
A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic #2) by VE Schwab - 5 Stars
A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic #3) by VE Schwab - 5 Stars
No Filter by Orlagh Collins - 3 Stars
Fireblood (Frostblood #2) by Elly Blake - 5 Stars

Reviews Posted in July 2017:



2017 Challenges Update:

This year I am challenging myself to:
  • The Totally Doable 2017 Reading Challenge
  • The 2017 Debut Author Challenge
  • The 2017 'Continue a Series' Challenge
  • The Zoella Book Club Challenge

The Totally Doable 2017 Reading Challenge

I am so happy with my progress in this challenge so far this year. Like last month rather than selecting books for the categories I just read what I wanted and then saw if any of them fit.

This month I read one more for this challenge, which was start a new series. I read A Darker Shade of Magic by VE Schwab, which is book 1 in the Shades of Magic series.

Challenge Total: 11/12










The 2017 Debut Author Challenge


This month I read No Filter by Orlagh Collins

Challenge Update: 4/5

The 2017 'Continue A Series' Challenge


This month I did finish a series, however it was a series that I started this year so I am not counting it towards my challenge.

Challenge Update: 3/5

The Zoella Bookclub Challenge

I didn't read any Zoella books this month. Her new round has now been released but I am not adding that to my challenge yet. I'm gonna try and read these ones first.

Challenge Update: 7/16

Top 3 Books of July 2017:


What did you read this month?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people talk to me
Leave me a comment